Physique is made in kitchen. This statement holds true in many different ways. Your body needs proper fuel to work efficiently. You need proper medication to keep your health on point. Use of herbs and spices for muscle recovery due to illness or accidents or diseases were popular back then. The Ayurveda doctors used this herbs and spices to cure illness. We will be talking about the similar approach for muscle recovery as well. With herbs and spices all around for muscle recovery, you don’t have to buy expensive stuffs, specially for the lower budget version for bodybuilding.
Herbs and Spices Benefits
Herbs and spices are easily available in nature. You just need correct guidance to recognize the correct ones. Everything you have been eating had some health benefit until you decided to go for fast food. A little bit of spices and herbs in food not only makes the food delicious, but also adds health benefits to whatever you eat.
Some of the benefits of herbs and spices are:
- Lowers blood sugar
- Helps cure Cholesterol
- Anti-inflammatory property
- Natural Antiseptic
- Reduce heart problem
These are few of the benefits that are present in many of the herbs and spices. We just need to recognize the right ones and use them in our diet. It doesn’t really depend if you are dieting or not, either you are bulking or cutting, unless you are competing, its very safe to have them in your meal.
Common Herbs and Spices
Some of the common yet very beneficial herbs and spices not only for muscle recovery but for overall conditioning of the health is as below.
- TurmericTurmeric is yellow powder that is used in cooking purpose in Asian countries. It is rich in antioxidants and helps relieve pain, inflammation and muscle stiffness. The joint inflammation is better cured with turmeric application. Our skin is very poor at absorbing turmeric directly, so as a drink or in meal, it is best to consume. Curcumin in turmeric is the chemical that fights with the free radicals and help protect the cells.
- GingerGinger can be easily found in your kitchen shelf. It is another notable spices in your shelf. This ingredient is packed with gingerols which is known to reduce the ache in the muscle and speed up the recovery process by upto 25%. Ginger is beneficial for athletes and bodybuilders as it increases the supply of the nutrients to the muscles whenever needed.
- CinnamonCinnamon is great spices you can have lying around. It has a naturally sweet taste to it. With the sweet taste, it has great health benefit as well. It helps in fat burning as well as maintaining the blood sugar level. It reduces the inflammation in the muscles and speeds up the muscle recovery process. Cinnamon tastes great when added to your favorite dish. It naturally sweetens the desserts and the cookies and pies made with it are rich in antioxidant properties.
- Black PepperThe black BB gun ammo type spice has basically much more benefits than it provide. It is anti-inflammatory in nature. It eases digestion, helps in weight loss and many more. Piperine is a compound present in black pepper which helps ease joint and muscle pain as well as helps fight fatigue. Black pepper helps ease toothache and fights tooth decay.
- AshwagandhaAshwagandha belongs the herbs family of adaptogens. This herb family is known to help with androgen imbalance in the body and helps tackle stress in best ways possible. Dealing with the stress alone helps you a lot in fitness. Upon consistent use, ashwagandha increases strength and endurance by increasing oxygen intake.Also Read: Muscle Soreness Recovery
- GinsengGinseng is a part of Araliaceae family. It is extracted from the roots of plants and have wide variety like American Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng and Korean Ginseng. The benefits are present in huge number like, increased energy, sharper thinking power, anti-inflammatory, lowering blood sugar, flu prevention, and many more. It is also advised to take in moderation to avoid any side effects.
- CuminCumin seeds are the world second most used spices after black pepper. It promotes digestion, lowers cholesterol, helps in diabetes, promotes weight loss and fat reduction. It fights inflammation. The benefits are just outstanding.
Conclusion for Herbs and Spices
There is one thing common in all of these herbs or spices, anti-inflammation. Inflammation is what causes muscle soreness and gives pain afterwards. All these spices and herbs for muscle recovery is great alternative. These are easily available in every kitchen or your area. Use them in your meals to make those bald and boring tasting meal exciting and refreshing.